Are you a customer of SBI United Kingdom? Download Registration forms for Internet Banking:
Kindly email us
- This site uses highly secure 128-Bit SSL encryption certified by Verisign.
- The SBI online banking application / website has not been certified on Apple Mac computers, as such will have accessibility issues on Apple Mac computers, IPAD, iPhones, or other Androids or tablets.
- Site best viewed in Internet Explorer 7 and above with 1024*768 resolution.
Java Runtime (JRE) 1.6 or above required to Login
SBI never sends email for getting customer information. Please report immediately if you receive any e-mail purported to be originated by SBI to gather your Username or Password or any other personal information. This may be a phishing mail. Know more...
For security reasons, your user ID will expire if you do not access Online Banking for 180 days.
- Please do not double click on any link or
button in the application.
This will log you out.
- Please do not use the back / forward link of the browser after logging in.
Tips and security
- Keep Changing your password frequently
- Always Close the browser window after you logout
Your passwords are highly confidential. Never part with them. SBI will never ask for this information.
Welcome to SBI United Kingdom
To register for online banking, please fill in the Registration Form (available in the right hand side of this page) and send it via post or visit in person to your home branch. Upon satisfactory checks your internet banking User ID and passwords will be sent out in different posts. Once received, please contact our dedicated customer services team on 0800 532 532 (toll free number) between 9 AM and 6 PM (Monday to Friday) for activating log in and transaction rights.
For Assistance: Kindly mail your queries to email@example.com
Please ensure the following before logging in
- URL address on the address bar of your internet browser begins with “https”; the letter ‘s’ at the end of “https”; means ‘secured’.
- Look for the padlock symbol either in the address bar or the status bar (mostly in the address bar) but not within the web page display area. Verify the security certificate by clicking on the padlock
- Do not enter login or other sensitive information in any pop up window.
Beware of Phishing attacks
- Phishing is a fraudulent attempt, usually made through email, phone calls, SMS etc seeking your personal and confidential information.
- State Bank or any of its representative never sends you email/SMS or calls you over phone to get your personal information, password or one time SMS (high security) password. Any such e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently withdraw money from your account through Internet Banking. Never respond to such email/SMS or phone call. Please report immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive any such email/SMS or Phone call. Immediately change your passwords if you have accidentally revealed your credentials.
Features of Online Banking