STATE BANK OF
Rules and Regulations of Internet Banking
1. The OnlineSBIGlobal registration form(s) should be addressed and sent directly to the branch (i e SBI Sri Lanka ) where the applicant(s) maintain his / her / their account(s).
2. Separate registration is required in case the accounts are maintained at different branches. Separate registration is allowed for single and joint accounts at the option of the User.
3. Normally the account holders can access his accounts through the OnlineSBIGlobal only after he / she acknowledges to the respective branch(es) the receipt of the User-id and Password sent to him / her.
4. Each account holder in a joint account with "Either or Survivor" type mode of operation may register himself / herself as a USER of the OnlineSBIGlobal facility.
5. All other accounts not listed in the registration form will be available on the OnlineSBIGlobal for the purpose of enquiry only. The customers may approach Branch for enabling transaction rights on such accounts any time.
The OnlineSBIGlobal service cannot be claimed as a right. The
Bank may also convert the Service into a discretionary service anytime,
if so warranted, after it has been made available to the USER.
Bank's Terms :
1. All requests received from the USERS shall be logged and transmitted to the User's branch for their fulfillment. The requests become effective from the time these are recorded / registered at the respective branch. While registering the request, the USER shall be informed about the time normally taken by the Bank for fulfillment of such requests.
The rules and regulations applicable to the banking transactions
done in traditional way at
the Sri Lanka branch of
State Bank of
3. Disputes between the registered USER of this service and the Bank with regard to the transactions done through OnlineSBIGlobal will be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent Court at Sri Lanka (where the branch maintaining the relative account of the user is located) and will be governed by the Local Laws of the country in force from time to time.
4. The Bank will take reasonable care to make use of the available technology for ensuring security and preventing unauthorised access to any of the services offered through the OnlineSBIGlobal.
5. The OnlineSBIGlobal service is a VeriSign-certified secure site. It assures that during the session user is dealing with website of SBI, the two-way communication is secured with 128-bit SSL encryption technology, which ensures the confidentiality of the data during transmission. The access-control methods designed on the site afford a high level of security to the transactions conducted on OnlineSBIGlobal.
6. The Bank reserves the right to modify, change, add or cancel any of the services offered through OnlineSBIGlobal or the Terms of Service listed in this Document without prior notice to the Users. The changes will be notified to the USERS / customers through a notification on the Site.
USER's Obligations :
1. Password of the Userís choice must replace the Password given by the Bank at the time of FIRST log-in. This is Mandatory.
2. The registered USER is free to choose the User Id and Password of his choice as per the guidelines on the site. However, he / she is advised to avoid choosing a password that is generic in nature, guessable / inferable from the personal data such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, driving license / car number etc.
3. The USER is welcome to access OnlineSBIGlobal from anywhere anytime. However, as a matter of precaution and safety, he should avoid using PCs with public access.
4. There is no way to retrieve the Password from the system. In case the USER forgets his / her Password, he/ she will have to approach the branch to reset the password.
5. The USER must keep the UserName and Password strictly confidential and known only to himself / herself. It is a good practice to commit the password to memory rather than write it down somewhere. Bank will not be responsible for any loss sustained by the USER due to breach of this condition.
6. The Bank presupposes that log-in using valid UserName and Password is a valid session initiated by none other than the USER to whom the said UserName and Password belongs.
7. All transactions executed through a valid session as defined above will be construed to have been emanated from the registered USER and will be legally binding on him / her. The USER is cautioned against leaving the computer unattended during a valid session.
8. Should the USER notice that any information relating to his / her account(s) is incorrect or discrepant the same should be immediately brought to the notice of the branch(es) by e-mail or letter.
9. The USER will not attempt or permit others to attempt accessing OnlineSBIGlobal through any unlawful means.